Global menswear trends 2022
Posted on 29 November 2021
- Oversized cardigans. The chunkier the knit, the better. Wear yours over a tee or a shirt for a retro revival look.
- Sleeveless everything. Whether it's a t-shirt, a sweater, a blazer, or a coat, if it's sleeveless it's on trend.
- Not for the faint-hearted.....skirts for men! We're not sure this one will take off but it's worth a mention nonetheless!
- Easy to wear, lightweight cotton or linen suits. The classic, starched three piece is a thing of the past. It's now all about the three-button, casual suit.
- Bermuda shorts. Knee length, or just above the knee, in a whole array of colours and materials from leather to twill.
- All black everything. Head to toe tailored black garments are the order of the day. In our post-pandemic world of comfortable leisure clothing, it's refreshing to see the re-emergence of classical tailoring.
- Superlight shirts. Breezy, airy, floaty. The more breathable and oversized the better. Think softest, fine cotton and shades of white and blue.
- Sliders, sandals, slippers - with a twist. Slip on open footwear is here to stay. Bright colours, textures and personalisation add interest.
- Varsity fashion - think frat party chic. Varsity jackets, polo shirts, sweatshirts and applique patches. The more preppy, the better.