Make Business Travel a Fashionable Business
Posted on 01 November 2013
Even a couple of decades ago, traveling was a special affair. Business travelers, especially men, would put their best efforts in dressing up for the journey and travel in style. However with time, businesses spread across regions and traveling became a recurrent activity. The more the travel, the more the worry about what to wear and how to pack, since packing light and right is the key to a hassle free trip. As a frequent traveler myself, I believe, business travel can be made stylish. A few simple ways to choose your gear and pack your bags can make your formal business trip, fun with a touch of style and persona.
The biggest irony of traveling for business is to travel light yet make sure you wear your best and look presentable enough. And imagine doing all that in minimal luggage- one to be specific. That means you only have the scope of packing the most versatile pieces of garments that you can mix and match, rather than packing for every single occasion, don’t you think?
If you are a smart packer, you can go through a weekend trip with one jacket, two pairs of pants- one formal and one semi formal, a couple of cotton shirts, a pair of denim and of course your regular sundries. If the trip goes a day or two beyond, just add a piece here and there.
A quick checklist developed by yours truly might help you pack right and travel light
- A navy and grey suit
- A sports coat/jacket to throw on a casual or formal shirt
- A white dress shirt
- A Polo Tee can get you through a casual lunch or dinner with your acquaintances.
- A pair of regular denim jeans
- Two or three cotton shirts- Always go for colors like white, black and blues, so you fit into any occasion, planned or unplanned in a trip.
- A casual and a formal watch and a belt. Preferably go for a reversible belt, black on one side and brown on the reverse. Saves you the need to pack 2 to match your shoes!
- Inner sundries (which I don’t think I need to remind you folks!)
- Socks- They are absolute essentials and carry extras since you never know where you get your feet dirty.
- 2 pair of formal shoes and a casual shoe
Apart from these, your grooming kit, your personal gadgets and stationers would obviously follow. So don’t stress, next time you have to live out of your suitcase for a few days. Take a deep breath, follow the checklist and make your every trip memorable and fun!